If you are looking for some inspiration, information, entertainment or advice, the links below can offer you all of the above!
- John C Campbell Folk School– A great link for a wide variety of artist disciplines. The school is located in the Western mountains of North Carolina.
- IAP International Association of Penturners – A great resource for technical knowledge and inspiration for the writing instrument maker. A great community of artists!
- AAW American Association of Woodworkers – Safety information and an awesome gallery of work to inspire your woodturning.
- Flying Dutchman Scroll Saw Blades – Some really good scrollsaw blades.
- DEWALT Scroll Saw – Information about what I feel is the best value and performance for a scrollsaw!
- Alan Lacer’s Website – Alan has information on turning, the Alan Lacer skew, how to sharpen videos and some great projects!
- Paul Schurch’s Website – Paul is one of the best woodworking teachers I have ever had. If you want some marquetry inspiration, tools or techniques, visit Paul’s site! If you want to revolutionize your woodworking thought process, take one of his classes.
Tools, Materials and Distributors
If you are looking for distributors of parts, wood or tools, you will find these links helpful.
- Woodcraft – Woodworking store located throughout the country. Great selection of tools, wood and reference material. Many of the locations also have training facilities.
- Highland Woodworking – Woodworking store located in Atlanta, Georgia. They have a great catalog for hard to find tools and a great magazine rack! They ship all over the country.
- Atlanta Hardwoods Incorporated – Hardwood lumber distributor with a great selection of exotics and project specific materials.
- Craft Supplies USA– Great source for project turning kits, tools and supplies for woodturning.
- Penn State Industries – Distributor of turning project kits, tools and supplies for turning pens and other kits.
- Ocooch Hardwoods – A great selection of thin lumber for scrollsaw projects.
Books, Videos, Magazines and Web Communities
If you are looking for books, videos, magazines or web communities to inspire, inform or just communicate with, you will find these links useful.
- Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts – A great scrollsaw magazine with interesting projects published in each issue. The website for the magazine also has a great online web community.
- Woodcarving Illustrated – A great carving magazine with interesting projects published in each issue. The website for the magazine also has a great online web community.
- Scroll Saw Basics by Patrick Spielman – This is the book every beginning scrollsawyer should read and have as reference! Practice sheets are provided in this book!
- The New Scroll Saw Handbook by Patrick Spielman – Another must have for aspiring scrollsawyers.
- Woodturning Christmas Ornaments by Dale L. Nish– A great book for a variety of Christmas Tree ornaments. There is a section on segmented ornaments that contains Don Russell’s work.